Monday, February 11, 2013

Turkey Pesto Meatballs

It's been years since I've updated this blog. I'm not even sure this is going to work. Just to dip my toe in the water here's a recipe I made.

We are on day 4, yes, four of being trapped in our own home. Winter Storm Nemo/ Charlotte dumped 40 inches of snow on our hometown. One might say we won! We will tell you we've lost. Being stuck at home for 4 going on 5 days is not a win. Tonight I did win. It was a bit of cooking by braille, I felt my way around. Here is what I had in the house, thawed ground turkey, plain bread crumbs, eggs, premade pesto from Costco, and Brady Street Cheese Sprinkle from Penzeys.

I think it was 1.25 lbs of ground turkey
about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of premade pesto
about 1 ounce of Brady Street Cheese Sprinkle
aboud 3/4 cup of bread crumbs
1 egg white
I mashed it all together until my fingers were numb. The turkey was still quite chilly as I didn't take it out of the freezer until this morning because I was POSITIVE we would be plowed out and able to leave to go get dinner. Anyways. I wrapped a baking pan in foil, wiped it with olive oil and rolled my turkey meatballs placing them on the oiled foil. I bake them at 375 degrees for 20ish minutes. I think I overbaked them, because you only need to heat turkey to 165 degrees, but they were still fantastic. No photo for this as it is a test.

No comments: