Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Grilled Peaches


I love sweets. Ice cream, cake, pie, you name it I love it. My waistline does not like sweets and reminds me by swelling each time I indulge.


It was hot and I did not want to heat up the house by turning on the oven. I live in the dark ages and don't have central air, crazy I know! We had peaches so I figured why not do something with them. I had made drunkin peaches last Sunday so I couldn't do that. Grilled peaches was it.


I cut them in half, removing their pits. I brushed the fleshy side with vegetable oil, no need to use olive oil here. I got the grill good and hot and put the peaches, flesh side down. How long you leave them on the grill will depend on their ripeness. Once they had grill marks I turned them onto their skin side. I put a bit of honey in the center of each peach. The possibilities of what you could put in the center of the peach are endless, cointreau, butter & brown sugar, really anything you would like. As the skin began to pull away from the flesh of the peach I took them off the heat. I did serve these with ice cream, but I ate only the peach.

No comments: