Sunday, April 27, 2008

Lemon Curd

Since we are Costco members we often end up with ridiculous amounts of any given item. Today that item is lemons. When life hands you lemons, make lemon curd! Here is the original recipe I adapted my recipe from.

INGREDIENTS

Zest of 3 lemons, next time I am going to try it with the zest from all the lemons used for juice.
1 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar
4 large eggs
1 1/2 sticks butter, cubed

METHOD

Whisk together zest, lemon juice, sugar and eggs in a heavy sauce pan. Add the butter and cook over medium heat. You cannot walk away from this. You must stir the entire time with your wisk. You want the mix to thicken and bubble. I had to turn up the heat, and stir the entire time. Once it is done I strained it through a mesh sieve into a large glass measuring cup. This removed the zest and the little bit of cooked egg.

Serve with angel food cake, or shortbread cookies.

No comments: