Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Very Dirty Martini

The first dirty martini I ever drank was called a 'Dirty Bird'. I enjoyed this bird at the local bar. I was hooked. Loved the vodka with the olive brine, perfect. I have found through many, many experiments I prefer a very dirty martini. The dirty being the olive brine.

Through my research I stumbled upon something called Dirty Sue. This is a twice filtered olive brine mixer for your martini. A great choice instead of stealing the bathwater from your olives leaving them on dry ground to rot.

I have not done as much research on the vodka. I have just figured out the measurements I prefer. As I research I will update the recipe.

2 oz vodka
1.5 oz green olive brine or Dirty Sue
.25 oz dry vermouth (or less, not too much!)

Mix in a shaker with ice. Pour into a chilled martini glass with 3 skewered olives.

No comments: