Sunday, March 16, 2008

Broccoli Fritatta

On Saturday mornings I like to treat myself to something yummy for breakfast. I have a habit of making fritattas for myself. I make it on Saturday then I have some left over for Sunday morning and for a quick week night meal for one if needed.





INGREDIENTS
6 eggs, beaten
1 cup chopped broccoli, I use frozen from the freezer
1 medium baked potato, I "bake" it in the microwave
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/4 cup of chopped onion
Salt & pepper to taste

METHOD
In a oven proof skillet, sautee the onion and garlic in oil until it is soft, about 5 minutes. I sprinkle the oninons and garlic with 1/2 a teaspoon of salt while they cook. Add the baked potato in cubes and the chopped broccoli. Once the mix is heated add your beaten eggs. Let the eggs set for a minute or two then pull the side of the egg mix in letting the raw egg flow out to the sides. Push the fillinf around so it is evenly distributed. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until the egg is set in the center. I keep my left overs in a ziploc bag.

No comments: