Sunday, March 23, 2008

Dessert Pancake


I was first introduced to this "pancake" by my parents. It was a big treat in our house. My dad would top it with grape jam and confectioners sugar. My parents saw it made some 30 years ago on the Late Show. It is an easy recipe and quite tasty!


INGREDIENTS
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup flour
1/2 stick of butter
jam
confectioners sugar.

METHOD

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Melt butter in an oven proof skillet. Mix first three ingredients together until smooth. Once your butter is melted and the oven is at 425 degrees add your egg mix to your hot butter. Then put the pan in the oven. Bake for about 15 minutes. The pancake will puff up and brown around the edges. I top it with warmed grape jam and confectioners sugar. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love pop-overs(what my mom calls this pastry)--but I eat them with stuffing(boxed, usually just Stove-Top or whatnot), lemon juice, and powdered sugar--mmmm!