Sunday, March 16, 2008

Lime Salsa

I love homemade salsa. I also happen to love it with lots of lime juice. This time when I made it I even added some lime zest right in the mix. Make this salsa to your liking, and taste as you go! If you can get them use San Marzano tomatoes!

INGREDIENTS
28 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained if you can get peeled & seeded even better
14 oz can of crushed tomatoes(If you have fresh tomatoes you can peel, seed, and chop them instead of canned)
1+ cup finely chopped onion
4 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
2 minced jalapenos
juice of 3 limes and the zest of one lime (I love lime, try the juice of 1 lime if you want)
1 tablespoon salt

INGREDIENTS
Mix everything together and enjoy. Resist the urge to put everything in your food processor. This results in an evenly textured salsa, not really what you want. As this sits overnight the flavors will meld and change. Don't over salt when you first make this. Sorry no picture, I will try to get one later.

No comments: